What is Adobe CQ5?
In today’s fast-faced digital age, the expectations of customers are changing on a daily basis. Most of the organizations are investing in new technologies to digitize their business in a way to reach the expectations of their customers. One such trending technology is Adobe CQ5.
What’s an Adobe CQ5?
Adobe Communique 5 (Adobe CQ5), currently manifested as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), is a web-based content management system which is developed to help businesses in offering high-end digital experience to their customers. Adobe Experience Manager enables organizations to create websites, manage content and digital assets of the website. Adobe CQ5 not only enables companies to build websites but also to digitally interact with their customers through several medium including mobiles, web browsers, tabs, desktops and more. Adobe AEM also helps businesses to drive sales by attracting customers’ attention.
History of Adobe CQ5
CQ5 is a version of Day CQ portfolio developed by a Swiss-based software company Day Software in 2008, following Day CQ 3.5, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Adobe Systems renamed Day CQ5 as Adobe CQ5 after acquiring Day Software in 2010. Following the release of the fifth version of CQ5 i.e., 5.5, Adobe renamed it as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) in 2013 with a sixth version AEM 5.6. Adobe also introduced a new version AEM 6.0 in March, 2014.
An image showing list of Adobe CQ versions.
The server of Adobe CQ5 is platform independent as it is based on Java. CQ5 is also based on Apache Sling, Apache Felix (OSGi), Technically, Adobe CQ5 is an integration of both application-level as well as infrastructure-level functions. At the application-level, CQ5 enables users to manage content, mobile apps, digital assets, websites, e-commerce, social communities and more. However, at the infrastructure-level, it can be deployed in a standalone mode or as a web application in third-party server; the Sling Web Application Framework of CQ5 reduces the overhead of developing content-oriented applications for developers; and can store all the data from an author as well as code from a developer of a website on its Java Content Repository (JCR) database. Adobe Experience Manager also uses HTML5 technology to offer high-end visualization of a website.
Benefits of using Adobe CQ5
With Adobe Experience Manager, organizations can
- Develop high-end websites for all types of devices to manage on-site and in-store experiences by using different methodologies from AEM web component library. It helps companies to increase sales.
- Share all digital assets like audio files, videos, images and more to their targeted audience through every marketing channel available by posting them on the website.
- Integrate AEM with Adobe Marketing Cloud to develop customized digital assets across all interaction channels including web, video, social and mobile to deliver digital marketing needs using unified capabilities of digital asset management as well as web content management.
- Engage with customers through Adobe Experience Manager social communities to share opinions, focus on customer preferences and serve them better.
- Use digital forms from AEM to provide user-friendly experience to the end users and can also offer quick response after submission.
- Edit interfaces of mobile apps provided by Adobe CQ5 to change data, import digital assets from other medium and improve performance of apps to promote brand.
- Build their brand by using AEM brand marketing capabilities to create streamline for brand assets approval; search, deliver and organize brand assets; and also share personalized experiences to target channels and more
Organizations using Adobe CQ5
Several major organizations with businesses on global scale are using Adobe Experience Manager including Volkswagen, Hyatt, Audi, General Motors and TE Connectivity to offer high-end digital presence of their brands and gain customer loyalty and engagement. So, if you own a business and want to increase your customer base by developing a website, we suggest you to go for Adobe CQ5 without a second thought.