Magento is always releasing upgrades and improvements to enhance user experience. This time, Magento 2.4.2 introduces advanced performance, better security, and many other features and functionalities. With more than 280 bug fixes and 30 security improvements, it takes UX to a completely new level. Let’s see what is new in this version of Magento and how you can use it to your advantage.
Major highlights of features and functionalities of Magento 2.4.2 are:
- Split Database and VBE (Vendor Bundled extension) are marked as deprecating in Magento 2.4.2, which will no longer be supported in the further updated version of Magento.
- Magento 2.4.2 comes with the Alpha version of the upgrade compatibility tool that tells you about the issues in code while upgrading to a new version of Magento.
- New level of security and performance
- Headless commerce support.
- This version of Magento supports Varnish 6.4, Redix 6, and is compatible with composer 2.x.
- New experience for B2B merchants and end customers.
New Security updates
With the growth in online shopping and sales, online fraud is also growing at a faster rate. As per a report, it has been revealed that companies will generate 20% more revenue if they are digitally trustworthy in comparison to companies that have lost or are slow to building trust. Keeping these facts in mind, Magento makes Magento 2 more secured and trustworthy by reducing the security backlog issues by almost 93%.
In the case of a vulnerability, any attacker first retrieves data from Admin. Magento provides several steps to process administrative data such as 2-factor authentication, IP allow listing, use of VPN, and more.
The major security updates are:
- All core cookies will support the Same Site attribute to fulfill the cookie regulations.
- Better approach for close remote code execution (RCE) and Cross-site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
- File system operations have been improved to avoid malicious uploads.
- No more core content security violations.
With an advanced customer account, cart, checkout process, catalog, OMS, CMS, B2B platform, import/export, and preview, Magneto 2.4.2 improves the core quality of the framework and its functions.
Magento claims that the improvement in the media gallery makes its performance 30 times faster. It’s now easier to manage and work with images, transforming your current sales process into a more efficient version of itself. Plus, the media gallery is now integrated with Adobe Stock so that you can access stock images from the media gallery.
PWA Studio supports
PWA Studio enables Magento to support multi-language and multi-currency, so merchants can easily launch a high-performing international website. It also supports multiple stores. In addition, Magento adds the “My Accounts” section in Venia, along with optimized performance and better extensibility.
An Advanced Search engine makes the customer experience better
Almost every visitor of your website will perform a search action to find relevant products or services. So, this needs to be more accurate and user-friendly. Magento is now offering an excellent search experience with Elasticsearch. The Magento search engine powered by MySQL is dead in its recent version. Now, you need to install Elasticsearch on your server. This improvement will definitely take your customers’ experiences to a new level of happiness.
A new experience for B2B
Magento 2.4.2 brings a lot for B2B buyers and sellers. It introduces a new online payment system with purchase policies and enables a merchant to accept payment through any payment mode. Using GraphQL APIs, Magento delivers amazing headless B2B capabilities, such as:
- Seamless integration with other content management systems;
- An easy to update front-facing content layer, minus making any changes in the back-end logic;
- Faster website scaling;
- And help with your personalized marketing approach.
AWS S3 Support
Magento 2.4.2 comes with advanced support services for Amazon Simple Storage Services (AWS S3). Now you can store media files on AWS S3. The platform will also support object storage so that you can access those objects in the future.
Magento 2.4.2- A futuristic version of itself
Magento is well-known for bringing new features to users. As this is the age of futuristic technology and customer-centric business approach, Magento is driving its platform accordingly. With every upgrade, it offers more for the sellers, developers, marketers, and buyers. We can expect more from Magento in the future.